I was so pleased to receive a Liebster Award nomination from the amazing Aarya and Veda. Their blog, Freebird, is a fascinating place to explore and I’ve loved checking it out. This award is so much fun and I’m grateful to be nominated. So, here are the rules for the Liebster Award award according to their blog:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers.
4. Let those blogs know that you nominated them by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
Here are the questions they gave me and, of course, my answers:
1. Why did you start writing a blog?
I love writing. It’s one of the things I’m most passionate about. After reading so many amazing blogs, I felt like I should try my hand at composing my own.
2. If given the chance, which fantasy world would you like to live in and why?
That’s a tough one. There are so many different fantasy worlds and yet I seem to draw a blank when I try to think of the perfect one. While I’m sure a better one will hit me later on, right now I can only think of living in the universe where super heroes exist. Think Batman, X-Men, all those guys. Only if I could be a superhero though. While it would be a dangerous world to live in, I would love to be some badass character who has all kinds of powers. Or Neverland. Mermaids, pirates, fairies, and never growing old. That would be a nice one as well.
3. What was your first post on your blog?
My first post was titled, So this is the new year and I don’t feel any different. Just your typical introduction blog post and some ramblings about the new year. Wait, that’s not selling my blog at all. It’s actually a very intriguing first post and something you’ll love reading! Read my blog! Pleeease!
4. What is your take on live in relations?
I live with my boyfriend now, so I’m fine with that situation. For awhile, I always wanted to be married before I lived with my significant other. Not because I’m old school, but more because I have a track record of not being so committed in my relationships and I’ve seen too many couples break up and have to deal with the mess of having a place together. But I say, if you’re pretty confident in your relationship and think it will work, go for it.
5. Which is your favorite book and why?
The books that I have read more than once, own a copy of, and really fell in love with for different reasons are Gone with the Wind and Wuthering Heights. Gone with the Wind is such a fascinating story and I have always adored Scarlett as a character. While most people think she’s a bitch, I just think she’s strong and knows what she wants and will go after it. Plus, I always loved her dysfunctional relationship with Rhett. Another dysfunctional relationship I love is that of Heathcliff and Cathy in Wuthering Heights. It’s such a beautiful haunting story and I find myself connecting with Cathy in many ways. Plus, I find Heathcliff such a wonderful antihero and his love for Cathy is remarkable. It shows how such beautiful things as love can drive you to dark places. And I really just wanted to go live in the moors where it took place.
6. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Love at first sight seems to just be one of those things I want to believe can happen. Although in reality I think it’s more attraction or a feeling of strong chemistry at first sight. But that can lead to love, so then you can argue that you did fall in love at first sight.
7. What are the top 5 destinations you want to cover in your life?
I’d like to see Ireland, Scotland, and France, so let’s just say I’d like to visit as much of Europe as I can. But really, anywhere would be amazing because while I’ve traveled all over the U.S. ,and a brief visit to Canada, I am just dying to see the rest of the world. I love the ocean and scuba diving so I’d really like to slip in some tropical destination too.
8. Which of your childhood memories is the prettiest one?
I really have a lot of beautiful childhood memories, but a quick pretty one that popped into my head would have to been when there was a full moon one night with a ring around it. My mom told me that meant fairies were out and about. She said if I woke up early the next morning and went to the fairy castle (this old huge tree in the woods behind our house, where the inside had rotted out to resemble peaks of a castle) I may find where they had been. So early before preschool or kindergarten, I ran out through the woods and looked inside the castle and saw a little porcelain green frog sculpture sitting there. I was amazed beyond belief and ran back home with the gift they had left for me.
9. What’s the thing you wanted most in your life?
As a child and through my teen years I wanted to be an actress. That was my passion and I loved it. I still love acting and do it on the side, but I’m not so much focused on it as a career now. Living in Los Angeles and knowing so many people that are focused on acting and can’t make ends meet because of it (it’s such a tough career to excel in), it’s kind of turned me off from trying to make that my number one focus. Now I just really want love, peace, and happiness in my life.
10. Which incident has touched you most in your life?
I really can’t think of one. Gosh, I’m so cold and heartless.
11. What’s your relaxing mantra?
I can’t say I really have one. What does seem to calm me down when I’m stressed and just need a break from some situations that bother me is listening to music and running. When I combine the two together, I can escape a stressful situation.
And here are a few (out of many) blogs that I have enjoyed reading recently for different reasons and would like to extend a nomination. (Although it’s not 11, some rules I’ve seen say nominate 2, some 5, others 11, so I just went with 6.) :
And here are your questions:
1. (Of course) What made you decide to start your own blog?
2. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
3. What is your favorite book and why?
4. What would be your dream job?
5. What is something you’ve always been afraid of?
6. Who is your famous person crush? (Doesn’t have to be a movie star, but definitely can be)
7. Do you believe in the supernatural and if so have you ever experienced any occurrences?
8. What is one of the last movies you’ve seen that you really loved and one that you hated?
9. If your place was burning down and you could save one possession, what would it be? (Let’s say all the people and pets with you are safe)
10. What is something you really like about yourself?
11. And last, tell me an interesting/random fact about yourself.