The very lovely, happilydpressed, nominated me for a Liebster Award a few weeks ago and since I’ve been slacking a little recently, I’m just now answering the questions. Before I do, I’d like to say how grateful I am to be nominated by this talented blogger, because when you read her blog, you’ll find someone who is open, honest, and really just putting her emotions and thoughts out there. So, let me jump right into her questions.
1. Why did you join WordPress?
I’ve never written a blog before (aside from contributing to a film one for my job) but I love writing and thought I’d give it a shot. I recently started receiving therapy for depression and my bipolar mood swings and felt like among other things, I’d share my experience and also connect with others.
2. Name or describe one person in life that inspires you most.
It’s hard for me to think of just one person that inspires me. My grandmother is such an inspiration because of everything she went through (two world wars, the Great Depression, cancer) and yet lived to be 100 with a sound mind, a great sense of humor and loved by many. I am also inspired by people I run across everyday- people that know how to live their life to the fullest and seem so happy and full of love.
3. If you found out you only had a few months to live (I’m so morbid), what would be the first thing you’d do?
Travel, for sure. I find I’m my happiest when I’m out experiencing the world and doing new things. I have this strong desire to visit as many countries as I can, so if I were to find out I’m dying- I’d pack my bags and get to it.
4. What’s your favorite novel?
Gone with the Wind and Wuthering Heights are two of my favorites that I own and have read more than once. They’re such classics and I love their stories. At least those two always pop in my mind, but I love reading, so I could probably bring up a pretty long list if I sat here and reminisced over them all.
5. What’s your favorite hobby?
Hm, I really don’t have just one but some of them include, writing, traveling, reading, running/yoga, watching movies, growing plants, cooking, just going outdoors and experienced new things/places.
6. Do you believe in love?
I do. Although I’ve never “been in love” with someone, there are many people that I love.
7. (I’m stealing this from Phoenix) Words to live by?
I’ve only recently become a little more spiritual thanks to influences around me, but I’ve always found myself going by the idea that “everything happens for a reason.” At least, when something doesn’t work out, I like to remember those words.
8. If you could go back in time, would you want to change any decision you’ve made? You don’t have to share it if you don’t want to.
Yes, there are quite a few I would like to change, but I have to try and remember that even my mistakes have taught me lessons about life. Although, anytime where I have hurt someone by something I have said or done, I would want to go back and fix that. Those mistakes always haunt me.
9. What’s the most meaningful experience of your life?
You know, I’m not sure I can think of one. I’d like to think this isn’t because my life is pretty bland and I’m lacking meaningful experiences, but more because there are just so many I can’t think of just one. Surely that’s it.
10. Where’s your favorite place to be and why?
Two places pop into my mind. One would be Disney Land because it reminds me of my childhood. The only time I ever went to the theater as a kid was when the latest Disney animated film was coming out. I fell in love with Disney and even though we didn’t go to Disney Land (we lived in Alabama), we went to the big one- Disney World and had a lot of fun as a family. Now that I live in California, I go to the Land to try and bring back some of that long lost childhood magic. Another would be Wakalla Springs in Florida. I haven’t been there in years, but again it was another childhood favorite where I have wonderful memories when I would visit with my family.
Okay, so here are a few blogs, that I’ve enjoyed reading recently for various reasons, but especially because they each have something unique and lovely about their writing. Honestly, there are so many blogs I enjoy so I hate the part where I can only pick a few, but these nominations always float around so hopefully I’ll get the chance to pick more again. Feel free to add this nomination to your own blog and answer the questions, or if you’re not into the award nominations…I understand… and I’ll try not to take it personally. ;) If you’ve already been nominated before, that’s okay, it just means you’re so awesome at blogging you get another one!
1. What have you found most enjoyable since you started writing your blog?
2. What is a song that you can really connect with? (One that either inspires you or you always feel drawn to)
3. What is one thing you do that really makes you feel at peace?
4. What are some of your hobbies?
5. What is one act of kindness that was done for you, that you have never forgotten?
6. If you could have an all expenses paid vacation of your choosing to go on in the next few weeks, where would you go?
7. And if you could bring only one person with you, who would you like to spend this experience with?
8. What is something that you love to collect? (It can be now or something you collected in the past)
9. What is something unique or random that you like to do that not many other people do?
10. I’m a genie and I’m granting you 3 wishes, what will they be?
Here are the general guidelines for The Liebster Award. I may have taken this from happilydpressed, but I like the way this version was written.
The Liebster Award recognizes new, up and coming bloggers who have a certain number of followers, ranges from 200 to 3,000. Liebster is German meaning “beloved” “sweetest” “dearest”. Essentially, I like to view this award as acknowledging some of the “sweetest” bloggers who connect their blogs to their viewers in a welcoming and hearty fashion.
If you wish to accept this award, the following guidelines are below. There is no pressure to accept the award. I find your blog genuine and would like you to know that I value your honesty and content.
The steps for The Liebster Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award!
- Add The Liebster Award logo to your post and blog.
- Answer 10 questions provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 10 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 5 bloggers for the award and notify them.
**These are the general guidelines. With that being said, you do not have to do the full amount to accept the award. You can answer and/or ask only one question,nominate one person, whatever you feel comfortable doing. **